Saturday 11 October 2014

The Maze Runner (and sucking at YouTube)

Today I went to see The Maze Runner with my friend (partly because it is recommended for Hunger Games fans and partly because it just generally looks awesome) and can I just say that it is amazing. 

I loved it so much! The cast was magnificent, and Dylan O'Brien was an excellent choice for Thomas! As soon as the film started and he came on screen panicking, I was super impressed. I turned to my friend and said "That is good acting!" - he was so believable! 
My friend also enjoyed Thomas Sangster's performance as Newt (we did, however, call him "Nanny McPhee kid" at the time, as we didn't remember his name)... 

The only thing I am disappointed about is the fact that I prefer to read the book before I watch the movie, which I could not do in The Maze Runner's case as I didn't have time. I am reading it now though, and I am enjoying it so far :) I would definitely recommend it for any action adventure fans who aren't scared of a bit of gore (yes, that does include Hunger Games fans!). 
I would just like to point out that yes, it does bare some resemblance to The Hunger Games and Divergent, though no two stories are exactly the same, so that does not mean that there are no unexpected twists and turns in the storyline or that there are no original, exciting or intriguing characters! 

Although I felt extremely sorry for all the characters in the story, I did feel particularly sympathetic for Teresa, due to the lack of leading females in the story. I think I would be quite intimidated in her position!

Another thing I have been trying to do today is filming my first YouTube video, but it is so difficult. I know exactly what I'm going to say and how I'm going to say it, but then I turn the camera on and I just freeze on the spot and I literally cannot speak. 
When I communicate with people about how shy I am and how I am never like this while performing on stage, they always say "Just pretend you're acting as yourself".
...but I just CAN'T. No matter how hard I try, I feel terrified and stupid. I might try again tomorrow, but I'm not sure yet. 

So that is my weekend so far. I know it's not much, but there it is...

Speak to you later,
Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment