Sunday 5 October 2014

Changes in my blog!

Hey guys :)

For quite a while now I have been thinking about some things I would like to change about my blog, namely:

  • It's name
  • It's template
  • Whether or not I should have a YouTube channel linked to it. 
Let's start with my blog name... 
Although WhatTheFudge is a cool name, I feel like I should have a blog that is more useful in ways of representing my blog and it's content. 
The thing is, I have a few suggestions for what I could re-name my blog, but I need your help to decide. I couldn't possibly use my own name just in case someone from school found it or whatever, so I've narrowed it down to just a few made up names. Please tell me which of these names you prefer, or suggest your own ideas down in the comments:

AutumnLeaves

TheColoursInAutumn

OpenLetters

AutumnLeaves and TheColoursInAutumn are kind of random, although I think they are both gorgeous. 
However, I also love the name OpenLetters, because isn't that just what a blog is? A letter written to the bunch of people inhabiting your own little corner of the internet? It isn't directed to just one person, yet it can often feel as if that one letter was written for that one individual all the same. 

I also brainstormed a few names that referred to my personality, including my shyness. However, I think there is so much more to me than just that, and I realised I have NO IDEA how to describe myself. 
This is the exact same problem I had when trying to create a name for my blog in the first place, which is why I chose "WhatTheFudge" in the end. 

And as for my template... I like the colours, but I am just a bit bored of it. I don't know how I'd find a better template without having to spend an annoying amount of money on it. It would have to be satisfying and free. I'm sure this is just me being picky and silly, but it is annoying me. 

Last but not least, I have been considering YouTube again. 
I know I am probably just going to go through the cycle of setting everything up, trying to talk to a camera, stammering awkwardly and getting annoyed again. I have been through all this before and it stressed me out, which was why I started this blog in the first place. I was really surprised that I stammered while talking to a camera, as I have never stammered before in my life and I don't really get stage fright. I only really feel the pressure when I have to make speeches or talk to new people and my social anxiety kicks in. 
However, I want to give it another try. I don't really know why, I just do. I love the idea of being a YouTuber and giving these open letters a voice at last. Now I have a blog, I kind of feel like I am more prepared.

For instance, if I made a YouTube channel, I would like it to be a lot like my blog in that:

1) It would be a place for myself, strangers of the internet (internet friends) and a small group of friends I decided to share  it with (no one from school would stumble across it).

2) It would be a place for me to share my thoughts and opinions.

3) It would be a fun thing to do on the sidelines of my life (just a kind of hobby).

4) I would discuss the things in life that interested and directly affected me (e.g. teenage years, social anxiety and stuff). 

5) I would help people with my words. 

6) I would meet lovely new people through it. 

7) I would document small parts of my life that I wanted to remember forever. 

8) It would just be a free place for me to rant until I felt slightly better about whatever I was ranting about. 

9) It would just be my little corner of the internet. 

10) I wouldn't have to feel scared of people any more. 

Please tell me what you think of all these things in the comments so that these decisions become a bit easier. I would love to see your opinions :)

Speak to you later,
Lucy x


1 comment:

  1. I love the name Open Letters! I think you should go with that one, but hey, that's just my opinion!
    Tara x

    http://lovetarababii.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete